What is occupational hazard?

                                 

                                  

Definition of occupational hazard

: an injury or ailment resulting from the work one does or from the environment in which one works Hand injuries are an occupational hazard for typists.

1.   Burning out

I come near the edge of the fire of burning out once every 6-8 weeks and then go back to the safe zone. I guess trying to be on top of 'digital' for 15 years (where things change dramatically every 15 days) is tough. I just hope I can keep having FUN - the antidote to burnout

2.   Neglecting "Me"

What am I doing for ME? I ask myself. I meditate every day, exercise moderately, and read, daily but could I have done more if I had a 10-6 job?

Err to think of it, in a city like Mumbai, the 10-6 job doesn't exist, even if you are a bank receptionist. Thankfully I stay 7 minutes from my office so I kill the commute but invest the time saved at work :-(

The loss is that I could do more - Study, learn, cultivate a hobby, travel etc.

Oh, I wish I worked 4 days a week and just wrote all day on Friday.

3.   Future Planning

When does an Entrepreneur retire?

Never :-(

So, at 82, I will still be checking comScore traffic data and Apple app ratings and banging my then bald head against the orange wall when an app of mine gets a 3.76 star ratings?

A person's career goes on, but an entrepreneur's future is fraught with 'doing everything yourself and starting from ground zero all the time'.

4.   Social Sync

I've BECOME A SOCIAL Zombie because I stare at digital screens all day, play & drive virtual cars, serve virtual customers and constantly keep staring at buttons and links and how to improve UX (user experience) and UI (user Interface)

When I go into a shop, I look at the way the shop is laid out and find 10 faults in its layout.

In a plane, I want to train the cabin crew - not get served by them.

I can't have a conversation with any of my relatives because I find them uninteresting.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post