What is occupational hazard?

                                 

                                  

Definition of occupational hazard

an injury or ailment resulting from the work one does or from the environment in which one works Hand injuries are an occupational hazard for typists.

1.   Burning out

I come near the edge of the fire of burning out once every 6-8 weeks and then go back to the safe zone. I guess trying to be on top of 'digital' for 15 years (where things change dramatically every 15 days) is tough. I just hope I can keep having FUN - the antidote to burnout

2.   Neglecting "Me"

What am I doing for ME? I ask myself. I meditate every day, exercise moderately, and read, daily but could I have done more if I had a 10-6 job?

Err to think of it, in a city like Mumbai, the 10-6 job doesn't exist, even if you are a bank receptionist. Thankfully I stay 7 minutes from my office so I kill the commute but invest the time saved at work :-(

The loss is that I could do more - Study, learn, cultivate a hobby, travel etc.

Oh, I wish I worked 4 days a week and just wrote all day on Friday.

3.   Future Planning

When does an Entrepreneur retire?

Never :-(

So, at 82, I will still be checking comScore traffic data and Apple app ratings and banging my then bald head against the orange wall when an app of mine gets a 3.76 star ratings?

A person's career goes on, but an entrepreneur's future is fraught with 'doing everything yourself and starting from ground zero all the time'.

4.   Social Sync

I've BECOME A SOCIAL Zombie because I stare at digital screens all day, play & drive virtual cars, serve virtual customers and constantly keep staring at buttons and links and how to improve UX (user experience) and UI (user Interface)

When I go into a shop, I look at the way the shop is laid out and find 10 faults in its layout.

In a plane, I want to train the cabin crew - not get served by them.

I can't have a conversation with any of my relatives because I find them uninteresting.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post